Who doesn’t want to be interviewed in a company with flexibility, friendly environment and a sense of creativity? But irony begins when very often the recruiters start following the never-dying process of the same boring job posting containing the bragging of the company itself, a mishmash of jumbled up CVs, some commonly dressed up robotic people reading out from the script! After a weird interview session, many of us have surely pattered ourselves−“I am so done going back to that prison camp again!” Or, if better, “That famous company gave me such honor to be interviewed with an adrenaline attack.” It’s true that−good, better or best−we have been through all the stages of our job-searching life.
People consider recruitment being the first impression of a company, simple as that. This is the thing people make miscellaneous impressions for. The recruitment process must have the spotlight on the Workforce Culture and Brand Personality. It’s obvious that spectacular talents will work with exciting, challenging and surprising stuffs; rather than with the “Old-schools”. Organizations don’t need to be the glass shoes and find the right fit. They simply just need to change their talent management strategy to a complete package of marketing and brand management culture.
These 5 steps can really help you to diversify your organization into a powerful storehouse with a perfect marketing and branding culture−
1) Keep a Good Record of Workplace Culture: You need to take a sincere look at the workplace recruitment practice and its overall culture. Think yourself in the place of a person who has never heard of your company. What should be your approach to interview that person? There should be certain questions in your mind like− Am I rightly filtering the right target market? How can I exercise the power of social media here? Am I being in a Dullsville considering branding and follow up information? If so, what should be the right measure to avoid the possible turn off? Is there any participation of Brand Advocates and Influencers? Have I ensured avoiding any cranky branding knowledge? Am I maintaining an attractive career site? Is it appealing enough for all the career conscious folks? Is there any right method for the initial and the follow-up contacts? Starting from the initial posting to final hire, you need to dismantle the whole recruitment process. Start pointing out where it can be more eye-catchy to attract the right talent you need. Are you supplicating enough feedback information from recent hires? Even if you lack feedback from others working on a different brand, start gathering them too.
2) Make a Possible Change in the Leadership: Your weakness is pretty common with the acceleration of your records. Your main concern here is− Do you need to change the whole process or part of it needs to be changed? Whatever you do, don’t make any compromise in hiring outside talents to get the chance developing a holistic and integrated recruitment process. You should keep 2 things in mind: to attract the ultimate prima and having a glittered reflection of your company. The idea is to dig a place for your company in the mind of the talents, consider even those who have no plan to switch jobs right at this moment.
3) Start Blending the Marketing Flair: HR and recruiting are not like empty vessels. Sometimes, they are the primary contact points for hiring top talents in your company. More contribution from all the departments will generate greater impacts. And of course, it will be possible when the departmental works will be directly impacted by the applicants. Pull together information from the people of the organization where there is the job posting. Ask for a glimmer from the top talents for further transmutation. The more you furnish your company, consisting marketing, the greater is the chance to hire the right talent for your organization.
4) Practice Social Media: Social media has been an integral part of finding out the brand advocates and influencers. You need ask yourself−Am I utilizing it to its fullest? Are you following the right array of the social media to use the languages that go way beyond an ad hoc job opening? Hire externals having hindsight on social media and help you have a maximum return. Use video and make your social media interface and career application process less complex.
5) Maintain the Authenticity: Your HR and recruitment process must be clean, blending the workplace culture and leadership. Misrepresenting the brand will lead to misinterpretation and therefore hire the wrong talent for the organization. So the people hired will ultimately feel they are being choked. It’s no forgery being a bit wacky in nature. If that helps in hiring the right talent for the company, it’s actually good!
Human Resource and Recruiting have mostly been untapped zones. Make the best out of these, exploit social media at its fullest, build exciting and enticing branding communications to attract the charismatic talents. Only then leadership excellence can be exercised rightly.